Getting to Know Me

Now, I've got an "about me" blurb and an "about the blog" blurb.  This is the introductory first post.  That means, everything you read here will set up your opinion of me and everything else I subsequently write... ooh,  pressure!
Okay, so... I'm Hanorah Campbell.  I like to read, write, read about reading, and read about writing, listen to music, talk about music, dance naked in my room, and make up stories that may or may not be true in other universes similar to our own.   I believe in God, but I choose not to make judgements about Him or Her and believe that most religious texts are written by people, not God.  I won't talk about religion much because I know it's a touchy subject, but I am FASCINATED by religion and the things people believe.  The very fact that so many beliefs are similar and dissimilar at the same time amazes me.

I love stories with imagination, good writing, and engaging characters.  I hate stories where the characters are boring or disgusting, I've seen the plots done before by others and done better, and I really hate, really, really hate overly complicated romantic plots that make no sense and make the characters look monumentally stupid.  What's that mean?  I don't like Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and I won't address it beyond this post unless it becomes and issue.  A certain plot point of The Hunger Games trilogy also nearly gave me an aneurysm.  But this also means that I will read anything, watch anything, and listen to anything so long as it interests me.

I will also watch any TV show at least once.  I'm currently watching every season of Eureka.  I've seen Season 3 and forward, but I never turned around and looked back, so that's what I'm doing.  However, my current list of TV Shows that I keep track of are: Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Doctor Who, Eureka, Being Human (American remake), Warehouse 13, Hart of Dixie (guilty pleasure), and Masterpiece Classic.  There's others but I can't think of them at the moment. 

If you have any suggestions for things I should look at and write about, you should comment and I'll think about it.  Meanwhile, I first plan to write about whatever books I'm reading.  Evenutally I want to do a series on the books I've read by Christopher Pike.  I also want to do a series of posts on the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the movie that's being made and the movie that was made in the 90s and possibly the comics.  I'd also like to do a series on the Webcomics I read and have read: Questionable Content, Something Positive, Queen of Wands, Quiltbag, Menage a 3 and Sorcery 101 and a number of others because I was addicted to webcomics for some time.  I'm also a huge fan of That Guy With the Glasses and will look at their stuff... especially the anniversary events.

Other things I will cover is the story I'm working on that I'm calling Intrinsic about a girl who tests positive for a specific kind of magic in a world where that kind of thing happens and then has to spend the summer with her mother's family who all are up to their eyeballs in magic.  The family is actually based on the family I grew up with.

So... I hope you keep reading and I hope youenjoy the ride!

If I start the fictional blog, I'll post a link here.

Comments

  1. Testing ability to post comments due to a previous complaint from a friend...

    BANANA HAMMOCK!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this post? Write it here!

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor Who: The Celestial Toymaker

Once Upon a Time

Doctor Who: An Introduction