NaNoWriMo Winner!


So... I finished NaNoWriMo with (according to the NaNoWriMo word counter) 55, 696 words. Microsoft Word placed it at 55, 720 words, but I'm not complaining. I finished the book so now I can sit back, relax and wait for next November, go back to ignoring my blog, pretend that I'm a writer at heart when I'm really just a crazy person whose brain sometimes makes stories...

NOT!

So, I have come up with some goals that I have related on my Facebook personal account that I will now tell to the one person who I don't know who actually reads my blog. I'm going into more detail here, however. This means people who read my blog will know more about my plans than people who don't.

My Goals For Writing:


  1. By January 31,  I will have finished revisiting, outlining, and possibly rewritten a project from high school called "Eight"..
  2. By February 28,I will have finished writing the outline and first draft of a story I'm calling "The December Project.
  3. By March 31, I will have finished revisitng, outlining and probably rewriting "Intrinsic".
  4. By April 30,  I will have editted/revised The Appalachian Method (my NaNoWriMo story) for the first time, and begun possibly looking at writing the second draft if a full rewrite is needed.
  5. By May 31, I will have outlined and begun writing "The Sacrifice".
  6. By June 30, I will have brainstormed and begun outlining a project I am calling "Rumpus". I'll go into detail about it in the future... if I feel like it.
  7. By December 31, I would like to have a literary agent and/or have a book that's on it's way to being traditionally or self-published.
This list of goals is subject to change and expand, it will take time and a lot of energy and dedication, but I realized this month that I'm not really happy unless I'm writing and I have a story going. If it makes me happy and gives me a slice of peace, then I better do what I can to get the most out of it. So, I'm going to keep writing. I'm going to start outlining and editting and hopefully I can get a book published by the time I'm thirty. I have four years until that mark, but if I start actively working towards it now, then I'll definitely accomplish my goal.

Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor Who: The Celestial Toymaker

Once Upon a Time

Doctor Who: An Introduction